Friday, July 18, 2008

Reading Gone Wrong

Reading:
Everything is Illuminated
Jonathan Safron Foer

I've been reading on the beach during my leisure time, if only because the activity of reading on the beach so effectively epitomizes the word "leisure." Unfortunately, I can't honestly say that I've had much opportunity to be particularly leisurely of late, but you take what you can get. Oddly enough, my ability to tan properly has become virtually nonexistent over the years, which is further compounded by my lack of competence at laying a proper, balanced coat of sunscreen on myself. Given that I successfully completed several chapters of my book while laying out in the sun, my entirely iffy coat job means that I currently look like I'd gotten into a battle with someone who attacks exclusively with open-palm slaps to the solar plexus. But no biggie. I'll just keep my shirt on over the weekend, and hopefully I'll be back to looking like a normal human being come Monday.

No comments: