Saturday, July 12, 2008

Me & My Music

Listening to:
Rachael Yamagata
Happenstance

Sometime after my PowerBook hard drive crashed last summer, I vowed to work on what I had dubbed an "uber-streamlined version of my music library." That ending up going nowhere for whatever reason, but since I can't realistically bring my entire CD library with me to Japan, I've really got no choice but to take care of it before I leave. I'm actually kind of shocked by the sheer amount of albums that I have that I don't even like, but I guess it's inevitable that you outgrow some of the junk that you listened to in high school. Regardless, I've decided to actually go through with pawning off most of my albums anyway, a task that I thought would be a lot more difficult for me than it's turning out to be. Ripping music is sort of a lame way to be spending my days off from work, but it's actually kinda fun, so whatever. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but there's something very, very satisfying about scrolling through your iTunes library in "Cover Flow" mode.

No comments: