Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Air Penny Overload pt. VI, Carl English sighting

Another HOH exclusive to drive us non-Harlem residents crazy. I'd say enough with the Foams, but you can't go wrong with the original Orlando color. This latest Foamposite is supposedly close in design to the first retros, but the insoles will have a penny coin print on them. Very cool. An easy pass for me since I don't want to empty out my wallet on eBay, but a real handsome piece of footwear nonetheless.



A few days back, Carl English and team Canada took on USA in a pre-Beijing exhibition game. English looked good for the most part, going right at Kobe Bryant on both ends and getting to the line at a fair rate (where he unfortunately clanged a bunch, but that's beside the point). He still strikes me as a guy who'd be a solid player in the NBA, but he's making money playing ball overseas, and that's not a bad way to get by.



I'm really bummed that I'm not going to be able to watch the UH men's basketball squad this season. I liked what I saw from some of the new guys last year, and with Roderick Flemings coming in, the team could be real exciting. The scuttlebutt is that Flemings could be the best player we've had since Anthony Carter, and I guess there's some merit to those rumblings considering that he was heavily recruited by schools like Kentucky and Georgetown. The general consensus is that he's an NBA prospect in the making, but we'll see. Or in my case, not see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vaguely remember that guy. He looked like Shaq at the free throw line that night.