Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Star Fruits Surf Rider

Listening to:
Cornelius
FANTASMA

I spent the entire day at home, which unfortunately translated to a mostly idle body with not a whole lot going on. I'd been coming off of what I had considered to be a rather disappointing weekend, but as is often the case, a quiet moment to reflect and clarify led me to amend that opinion. I'd been letting things beyond my control bother me some - a rather disagreeable habit of mine - and as a result, I ended up traversing through the weekend at a pace that was only a few clicks beyond a mope. Again, the problems that I faced were largely a bevy of issues that were beyond my control, so in hindsight, it's quite possible to simply give a nonchalant shrug and move on with life. On the other hand, it's somewhat pointless to revel in these quaint moments of clarity once removed from the scene of the issue, as what are weekends for, if not for the moment? There's no real lesson to be had here, but it's becoming increasingly clear that I can't really enjoy myself when I'm concerned with what the people around me are or aren't doing. This particular revelatory jab has been peppering me at fair regularity over the past year or so, so it's practically become a running theme that I guess I'm too dense to effectively remedy. So...I guess I'll be a proper American and just ignore the issue at hand. Within context, I guess that can actually be a working solution.

In the grand scheme of things, I've actually got it pretty good right now. I was lucky enough to have an entire day to sit around and think, quite the rarity in a society where people clearly either lack the time or the capacity to do so.

1 comment:

gandychan said...

I just got to the czech republic after 26 hours of traveling...

So, are you going to tokyo while I'm there and going back to hawaii? Because I'm going home on 8/16 for a couple of weeks.