Saturday, May 3, 2008

ケツ毛ちょろっと(木村カエラ)

Listening to:
木村カエラ
+1

I've had Kimura Kaela's new record on loop since my copy came in last Saturday. At first, I thought Scratch was clearly the better record, but +1 is just all kinds of riffy, breezy goodness. We're only four months in, but it's definitely my favorite record of the year up until this point. If there's one thing that bothers me about the release, it's the album cover. The packaging itself is pretty deluxe, but the cover image just makes Kaela look...greasy. Not to say that I'm an expert on human complexion or flash photography, but Kaela's looking really shiny here, and it ain't the jewelry. Seriously, what committee elected to go with that shot of all shots? The album is really great though, so I guess that's all that matters. I always end up going back to her「happiness!!!」video from a few years ago, back when I thought that I may or may not have been falling in love with her (not really saying a whole lot, as friends who know me understand that I fall for famous women with fair regularity).


You gotta admit that「happiness!!!」is probably one of the most aptly entitled songs that you've ever heard. Kaela's adorable here, but there's nothing more attractive than a woman who keeps her shoe game tight - and Kaela has certainly put out the sickest Dunks that I've ever seen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the music video!

C K Okada said...

LOL, I had to wipe the grease off my screen after looking at that picture.

what the Dunk?