Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Philippe Starck/Fossil Veiled watch

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my Starck watch arrived this morning. I'd been meaning to get something a little icy for my wrist without going the jewelry route and buying a chain, so the Starck Veiled watch seemed like a sensible alternative. For better or worse, it turns out that the thing is more of a bracelet that tells time (but just barely) than an actual watch. As I'm liable to do on a semi-frequent basis, I've gone and purchased a product that's functional, but only marginally so. The thing looks swank though, and I'll probably wear it out on the weekends, so I guess I'm pretty happy with the product. Besides, if you really think about it, most people use their mobile phones as their primary means of telling time, so is buying a wrist watch strictly for looks really all that absurd? Either way, I think that I'll eventually have to buy something a little less conspicuous for work.

2 comments:

C K Okada said...

that's a sweet watch.

i always felt having a watch meant you didn't need to "take out your phone" and could just look at your wrist. less work, i guess.

watch them links; they might take out some hairs if your watch is loose and you make a sudden move.

Anonymous said...

I like it. Watches bother me when I type. And since I type for 8 hours a day I'd rather not wear one.