Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ramifications of a restless mind

Listening to:
YUI
I Loved Yesterday

I had one of those distinctly hollow weekends, where you do nothing but nap a lot and go through the motions of what you'd generally be found doing during your free time. I actually sat through an entire hour of Episode IV - A New Hope on Spike, fully intending to do something decidedly more engaging and meaningful, but never really coming up with anything concrete to tackle. I wouldn't call it depressing in the least, but it's a definite sign that I'll likely be treading water until August. More so now than at any other point in my life, I'm finding that I get incredibly restless when there's nothing to do, which is probably a good sign in the grand scheme of things. If there's one thing that college provided - at least for me - it was that feeling that you were on an established path to attain something substantial. After that? There's a lot less method and a curious sense of ambiguity to everything. It's exciting in a way, but certainly uncomfortable as well.

No comments: