Friday, April 4, 2008

Off to Japan...somewhere...

I got an email today from JET, more or less letting me know that pending the results of an FBI background check and a physical examination, I'd been selected to participate in their program. Now, I wouldn't want to get ahead of myself, but it looks to be pretty close to official at this point. Unfortunately, we won't be getting our placement notifications until May, so I haven't a clue as to where exactly I'll be living in Japan. But, that doesn't detract from the fact that I will indeed be living somewhere in Japan, a certain dream come true on a personal level.



I'm not going to pretend that things will definitely work out for me overseas, but one thing for sure, I'm going to do my best to try and enjoy this summer in Hawaii to the fullest. Overall? I'm pretty damn stoked.

4 comments:

C K Okada said...

big ups, man. I'm proud of you.

heh, I guess now blogger would be worth it, now since we'll all pretty much be living in different places.

gandychan said...

congrats!

nice hat. I know the hosoi's. a couple of years ago my friends stood in line to get them the day they came out. I actually wouldn't mind them, but way too expensive now. And the hosoi 2's really don't look that great.

btw, nice hat. but the yankees? it would go well with a pair of hosoi's.

gandychan said...

oh, that link you sent was for the hosoi 2. you should check out the first edition. they look waaay nicer.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, you finally get to leave the island for an extensive amount of time.