Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Colt headed to Washington, the Hawks making some noise

The Redskins picked Brennan up in the 6th round, apparently seeing him as a project of sorts. Translation: they're going to stash him in the weight room for the next 2 seasons. Colt was the only Warrior to get drafted, but perhaps that's not all that surprising after the camps exposed the fact that our receiver corps weren't as freakishly fast as they sometimes appeared. I still figured that Davone Bess and Ryan Grice-Mullins would have gotten their numbers called, but at least most everyone ended up inking free agent deals.

I've got a bit of an unrelated sports confession to make. With the Hawks owing their 2008 draft pick to the Suns, I was naturally rooting against them all season long. Imagine my dismay when they eked into the playoffs with the worst record in the 16 team field, thus ensuring that the pick wouldn't be in the lottery. But now that the draft pick is no longer a factor, I can freely root for Joe Johnson, who along with Trix, is my favorite non-Sun in the league. You'd (still) have to be crazy to bet on the Hawks knocking out the Celtics, but it's just so, so sweet watching JJ take apart the league's top team. It simply would've been impossible financially, but sometimes I wonder what could have been had Phoenix kept that Nash, JJ, Trix, STAT core from 04-05 together.



JJ = $$$ Max Money

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Hawks will take out the Celtics, just like the Warriors beating the Mavs last year… But that’s doubtful at best, and I’d feel sorry for KG.