Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April splurging (sorta)

Yes, it's come to this. I'd been pretty good about not spending inordinate amounts of money lately, but April might be a bit rough on the wallet.



4/1 Kimura Kaela - +1 (album + DVD)
4/1 1969 - Maya (CD)
4/5 Air Jordan XX3 stealth/gold (apparel/footwear)
4/15 Eureka Seven Vol. #12 (DVD)
4/15 Eureka Seven Music (DVD w/ bonus CD)
4/16 Morning Musume - Resonant Blue (single + DVD)
4/18 Bleach Vol. # 33 (manga)
4/22 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS2)
4/22 The World Ends With You (Nintendo DS)

Total damage: approx. $400

I suppose I could think of a worse way to spend my tax returns. But what's up with all the $40 DS games? Maybe I'm just old school, but doesn't portable gaming have so much appeal because it's A) compact, and B) affordable? For the $40 that it'd take me to get, say, FF: Ring of Fates, I could get Persona 3 FES and about 10 double cheeseburgers. Now, I'd have absolutely no discernible use for that sum of double cheeseburgers, but that's totally beside the point. I'd certainly like to play The World Ends With You, but it's probably the one item on the list that I can do without if the MSRP is what I'm thinking it'll be.

1 comment:

gandychan said...

wow, thats a long list.

you can always dl the ds games. :P

I tried out ninja gaiden and this shooter called nanostray. nanostray is pretty fun and the graphics in ninja gaiden are pretty. check them out. also, I'm still addicted to playing fifa 08 for some reason.