Saturday, October 18, 2008

Things That I Miss About Living Back Home

Top 20, in no particular order:
  1. Roads wide enough to accommodate cars traveling both ways.
  2. My shoes. My ultimate fear is that I’ll snap and start a second sneaker collection down here.
  3. My subwoofers.
  4. Ala Moana shopping center. I was initially excited when I heard that there was a mall across from my apartment. Unfortunately, by “mall,” they apparently meant “massive furniture store.”
  5. Pop-Tarts.
  6. Driving through Waiks at night.
  7. Automated teller machines that I can understand.
  8. DVDs that don’t cost 5,000 yen a pop. I never thought I’d miss Best Buy as much as I currently do.
  9. Not having to divide my rubbish into a billion different sub-categories w/ corresponding color-coded trash bags.
  10. Fruits. Everything will cost you an arm and a leg here.
  11. My dog.
  12. Paper towels in public restrooms. I still haven’t gotten into the swing of carrying a handkerchief with me whenever I go out.
  13. Jason’s couch.
  14. SportsCenter.
  15. Watching SportsCenter on Jason’s couch.
  16. The weather. Not that I was particularly fond of the weather back in Hawaii or anything, just that the weather here is sort of bizarre.
  17. Tylenol.
  18. The gas prices. Yeah, it’s that expensive over here.
  19. Non-McDonalds fast food joints. I’m gonna live at the BK Lounge when I get back home.
  20. Speaking English.

No comments: