Thursday, October 2, 2008

Me vs Yoshimitsu's Flag

There's one of those weird Japanese flags attached to a concrete pillar next to my parking stall. It's pretty much one of those things that Yoshimitsu has attached to his back in the Soul Calibur games. I don't know how else to describe it.



Anyway, some kind of engineering savant apparently decided that it would be sensible to erect the flag using nothing but a couple of feet of chicken wire. With the typhoon winds coming and going, the dumb flag would get blown horizontally into my car's path on a semi-daily basis. I finally sick of fixing the thing and drove right through it this morning, effectively knocking the flag & pole clear off the pillar and onto the curb somewhere. I don't care particularly much for my car, and I hated the bloody flag, so it wasn't a real difficult decision to make. I just hope it's not getting added to next month's rent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

watch, in soul calibur 5, yoshimitsu's gonna have a taped-up flag attached to his back. his bio will read, "his flag was broken sometime after soul calibur 4, attacked by a renegade car".