Saturday, October 11, 2008

Playing Like Erick Dampier

I played basketball with my students the other day, and was thoroughly gassed within 5 minutes. I’d been in fairly decent shape prior to coming over here, but I guess two months of lounging around and eating exorbitant dinners can take a toll. I’m thinking that I’ll have to start running again, if only because I don’t want the girls basketball squad to be leaving me in the dust on a weekly basis. I prefer to play with the boys team, because there’s just something inherently wrong about swatting a 13-year-old girl’s shot into the stands. Then again, as someone with the stamina of a 70-year-old man, I guess I’m not in a position to be picky. I didn’t come here with the intent to train, but on the other hand, there’s a lot worse that I could do with my free time.

Oh, and I'm back in the game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, maybe I can keep up with you now when you come back. i was thinking about getting back on the courts, too.