Friday, June 26, 2009

Always Think Twice (Do Think Twice~)

Listening to:
Michael Jackson
Billie Jean

Weird day today. I woke up at 6:00 in the morning and drove into town to take the road test for my Japanese driver's license. I'd heard that the test was bloody hell for Americans, so I was already clearing my July schedule for those inevitable retakes (6 on average, or so I'd been told). But with a little bit of luck, I managed to pass the thing in one crack. I was feeling pretty good about myself then, but while waiting for the paperwork to process a little while later, someone noted to me that Michael Jackson had died. Talk about a buzzkill. Not that I'm some mega-Michael Jackson fan, but there are a handful of his songs that are simply timeless. Bille Jean? 17 years later, and that song is still the jam. Crazy.

On the way home, I picked up my copy of BLAZBLUE. I'm counting on it to keep me busy until Tekken 6 drops in October. Thoughts on the game later, unless it's just GGXX with new sprites.



It's kind of weird, every time I leave the house, I half expect Steve Kerr to trade away another All-Star for Sasha Pavlovic while I'm away. I have nightmares of reading "Suns trade Nash to Lakers for Vujacic and Walton" on ESPN.com. To give credit where it's due, I'm pretty thrilled that we got Earl Clark at #14 in the draft. Surprised that the front office didn't sell the pick for cash or inexplicably include it in the Shaq trade.



Latest rumor also indicates that Amare Stoudemire might be moved to Golden State for a package of players that includes Stephen Curry. You know...after the Shaq deal went down, I was hoping that we'd get Tyson Chandler to help plug all of Amare's defensive holes..but if we can manage to get Curry from the Warriors for him, I would not at all be offended.

1 comment:

cr8 said...

congrats on passing your road test. knowing that statistic makes me a little nervous.

cool, blazblue looks like a killer fighter. it's good to see new 2d fighters in HD.