Monday, June 1, 2009

All Dogs Go To Heaven

My dad sent me an email the other night to let me know that he had taken my dog to the Humane Society to get euthanized. It's not something that I didn't see coming. I've had my dog since I was in the 4th grade, and the last time I saw him, I could tell that his eyesight was starting to go. So all things considered, I took the news pretty well. But I did shed a tear when I read this little detail in my dad's email...

"Brutus sat in the basket all the way from home."


Not sure why. I guess there's just something really sad about that image of my little buddy sitting there in the car and behaving himself on the way to be put to sleep. And more than that, I kind of wanted to be the one to take him for that last drive.

Doesn't seem fair, but I guess that's life.



Thanks for everything buddy. =)

No comments: