Monday, June 22, 2009

Out Of Category

Listening to:
P.O.S.
Never Better
track: "Out Of Category"

Our school was hosting the district volleyball tournament for teachers on Friday night, and we ended up taking first place. There were only 6 teams participating, so I guess that may not be saying a whole lot, but it was notable to me because I hadn’t played an organized game of volleyball since my high school days. I put down a few big kills and was thinking that I still had it, until I realized that the height of the net had been adjusted to accommodate the female players. Right. I felt kind of dumb then, but I suppose the important thing is that we all had fun in the end. And that we won. Because winning is always the most important thing.

In other news, I was out at a club at about 3:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, when Lil Jon (in town for a concert) and his posse sat down in the booth next to us. Pitbull and J. Holiday were also wandering around, but there’s just something about Lil Jon – besides the obvious – that remains comical to me after all these years. Anyway, the best moment of the night came after Lil Jon and his crew had left, when some random white dude walked up to their table and picked up a half empty bottle of Hennessy that had been left behind, grinned at us, then danced off with it while 50 Cent’s “I Get Money” was playing. I’m sure that it was because it was late and I’d had a really long day, but that was the funniest shit in the world to me. Or maybe it was just funny because I’m an out of category a-hole who thinks that he’s above the whole Lil Jon and Hennessy scene. Either way, I wasn't planning on getting to do this in Okinawa, but I guess that I can scratch "kinda/sorta party with Lil Jon" off of my list of random shit to do before I die.

According to SC, the Atlantic Penny II will be making a return soon.



About time. I don't care what anybody else says, this is THE greatest sneaker of all time.

3 comments:

cr8 said...

damn, volleyball championships and parties with Lil Jon. that's one hell of a weekend.

gandychan said...

I've busted my shoulder playing intramural volleyball. I think I'm done playing..

The other day, I was on the same plane as Al Snow! But it took me a few minutes to remember his name.

cr8 said...

lol, i shared an elevator with Chris Benoit, Woman (I think), Dean Malenko, and his wife (I think...) when the band went to Japan in '99. I should've gotten their autographs.