Thursday, May 14, 2009

When You Hit The Bricks, New Whips...

Listening to:
Slumdog Millionaire
OST

I’ve realized that I’ve been pretty careless with my money over the past few months. Um, that is, even more so than usual. I was going to take this RAV4 off of a friend’s hands, but when I brought it to the shop to get the inspection done, I found out that the cost of some repairs, the vehicle tax, insurance, and the inspection fee would set me back a cool 2 grand. It’s not totally beyond my budget, but I can’t help but feel that it’s a bit of an excessive sum to be throwing away directly on the heels of a lengthy vacation. I’m still on the fence about it because I’ve really been wanting a smallish SUV, and that RAV4 is the perfect size. Another option is that I could just save that money now and potentially throw it at something a little nicer later on in the summer. When that summer heat starts to come on, I’m going to want a vehicle that can manage to get up hills with the air conditioning running. It’s kind of sad that that’s even a problem, but such is the harsh reality of owning a tiny Japanese car. Time to curb that gratuitous spending. Contrary to what JD and Jay-Z told me all those years back, I guess that money is a thang after all. Who woulda thunk?

No comments: