Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hokkaido

Nine days might have been a little excessive, but it's been a while since I've had that much good food and beer. It's also been a while since I've spent that much money, but I suppose I'll just worry about all that later. Hokkaido was freezing in May, so I can only imagine how cold it gets in the winter. Instead of buying warmer clothing, we simply elected to drink lots of whiskey...not that I'm complaining. I probably could have payed next month's rent with the sum of money that I spent on alcohol in Hokkaido, but at least we had ourselves a lot of fun.



From sakura trees...



...to snow-capped mountains. It felt more like Aspen up north.



Sapporo = BEER. The Sapporo Beer Factory is quite possibly my new favorite place in the world. A 3 beer sampler for a mere 400 yen, believe it or not.



Tokyo was good fun, but Sapporo is more my speed. If it weren't for the cold winters, I'd love to live there.



We pretty much stink at karaoke. But we do kick some serious ass with Weezer joints.



My first onsen experience...and I think I may have taken things a little too seriously. The hot springs are awesome if you can get past all the public nudity.



Oddly enough, most of the bears that we saw were of the polar sort. The Asahiyama Zoo was a little disappointing, especially after hearing people rave about it for so long.



John holding a glass of whiskey next to a picture of John holding a glass of whiskey.



Overall, Hokkaido was pretty incredible. I'll be back.

No comments: