Friday, March 21, 2008

Sean Paul, my pupil

Listening to:
Do As Infinity
Do The B-Side

We've got a new student named Sean Paul. I was putting his information into the system today, and this kid literally has two first names, because his middle initial is "C." The image I immediately conjured up was someone resembling Sean "Get Busy" Paul, and I was somewhat disappointed when the preschooler who eventually walked through the door looked nothing like the reggae artist. Sean Paul (the student) was 4 years old, which means that he could have conceivably been named after Sean Paul (the dancehall singer), considering that "Dutty Rock" was probably blowing up about the time he was born. I've obviously no right to judge parents based upon what they name their children, but I'd say that it's potentially a fairly telling sign about our generation. I'm legitimately curious as to how many little Beyonces are running around out there.

No comments: