Saturday, March 29, 2008

Masterpiece

Listening to:
RIP SLYME
MASTERPIECE

One of the younger ones brought me a drawing the other day. Her dad relayed to me that the picture was apparently a portrait of myself. It took me a moment to notice the resemblance, but it's actually stunningly accurate, right down to the absurdly large ears and the pair of protruding horns. I also have, on occasion, worn my sneakers on my hands, though I have no idea how a student could have possibly been aware of this particular nugget of information. There's also a curious bulge in the figure's bathing suit area, but I suppose I can take that as a compliment.



In all seriousness though, there are times when I feel alarmingly like a kindergarten teacher. I'm going to need a get a fridge in my room for all my budding artists' pieces.

No comments: