Saturday, December 1, 2007

INFOBAR2



KDDI's INFOBAR2. The whole retro-futuristic design is pretty slick, but you kind of get the feeling that you'd be better off displaying the thing on a shelf next to your Kubrick figures than actually using it on the daily. My i425 has sort of served as a reminder of why I've made it a point to stay away from candy bar models, so I can't really say that I was particularly drawn to this phone initially. The INFOBAR2 does little (in terms of appearance) to sway pundits who may be partial to clamshells, but upon closer examination, it's clear that the INFOBAR2's design is truly several steps beyond marvelous. The phone actually isn't that impressive until you start to look at it from odd angles, which reveals the curvy surface of the phone that is some kind of crazy.



Pretty wild.

Now, I love phones, but you knew there had to be something else to warrant this entry right? ;-) Indeed, NIKEiD is putting out special edition Dunks to commemorate the release of the INFOBAR2.





Fresh. I can't honestly say that I'd make the effort to seek out just the INFOBAR2, even if I were in Japan, but I'd be willing to drop a hefty sum for the mobile + the Dunks. Which inevitably begs the question; do we really need kicks that match our cell phones?



Well, yeah.

1 comment:

gandychan said...

sweet phone. I wanted to get one of those long candy bar phones when I was there this past summer, but it turned out to be too expensive.

i'm excited about UH going to the BCS. But it really sucks that we're gonna end up playing a crappy illinois team and not OSU.