Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Suns Extend Nash

2 years, $22 million. I don’t think there’s any doubt that he’s lost a step since his MVP campaigns, but he remains one of those point guards that everyone in the league wants to play with. His statistics will probably spike again without Shaq around to clog the paint, so who knows, he might even put up the numbers to warrant that contract.



You can question management’s decision to sign two of the old guys in Nash and Grant Hill, but as far as locker room presences go, those two are quite possibly the two best guys in the NBA. Oh, and they can still ball out of their minds, so I imagine that that was also a factor. In reality, the team got considerably younger with the addition of Channing Frye, and if Earl Clark, Robin Lopez, and Dragic can find ways to contribute, they’ll at least be developing some of the younger cats. Clark especially is looking like he can do some big things in this league, so I’m hoping that he manages to crack the rotation. As far as Nash goes, he’s the one guy who I want to see retire as a Sun, so I’m glad to see the extension get done, regardless of whether or not it hinders the team’s ability to land free agents for a while.

I’ve been doing a lot of writing as of late. Not sure what exactly it is that I’m trying to write, but I’ve been doing a substantial bit of it. Up until recently, I generally wrote for no particular reason, but it’s occurred to me that my life as it is now is quite possibly about as good as it will ever be. That might sound like a weird thing to say, but I feel like 10, 20 years down the road, right now is going to be the time of my life that I’m going to wish that I could revisit the most. Hence all the writing.

2 comments:

gandychan said...

good luck developing robin lopez. That guy has a pretty bad finishing touch.

I'm glad I didn't write about the past two years. It was incredibly boring. I'm in the hospital this year and so far, it's been really busy with long hours, but fun.

I got my score for that board exam I told you about and it was pretty decent. Hopefully it's enough to get me to the west coast and closer to home.

glad to know you're having fun. Next time I'm in Japan, you better come up to see me.

Unknown said...

are you writing essays? short stories?