Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ishigaki

Had myself a quick getaway to Iriomote and Ishigaki over the weekend, where it’s so country that they give you a complimentary pack of eggs when you put gas in your car. The rain was really coming down when I got there, but it fortunately cleared up long enough for us to hit an outdoor onsen and get a good snorkeling session in.



The small coral island where we did our snorkeling. You have to hire a boat to take you out there, but it turned out to be well worth it.



A bit of China. Not proud of it, but I’m still a little drunk from the night before in this one.



So, so wildery.



A lot of people consider Hawaii paradise, but some of the scenery here was just, wow. I’m not real crazy about camping, but I think I’d brave the snakes to spend a couple of nights out there.



And a little token to remember the trip by. My bank account tells me that I should cool it with the traveling for the rest of the year, and my brain is telling me the same thing. We'll see.

1 comment:

cr8 said...

haha, well if your traveling has ended for the year, then maybe J and I should just come to Okinawa during winter. i was thinking after the new year's... but hey since it would be the new year, you can travel yet again.

nah, but yeah. I probably can't really afford to hop around foreign countries anyway so maybe just one location would be best. I'll hit you up later and see what's good.