Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sproles, Scifres Down Peyton Manning's Colts

Wild game. With LT injured and largely ineffective (as he usually is this time of the year), most people weren't giving the Chargers much of a chance against MVP Peyton Manning and his white hot Patriots. What followed was a gritty performance by an undermanned San Diego, and an early exit for a streaking Indianapolis team that had legitimate Super Bowl aspirations. It wasn't always pretty - the only consistently good looking things about the game were Mike Scifres' punts - but the scrappy Chargers managed to overcome Tomlinson's injury thanks to the diminutive Darren Sproles and his brisk forays into the end zone. Not bad for a .500 team.

I didn't spend all that money to fly home and sit in front of the tube, but damn, I've really missed football. On an unrelated note, I was initially planning on doing another semi-comprehensive top albums of the year list, but 2008 just really wasn't that good of a music year for me. I'll probably have a list up in some shape or form, but I simply don't have the time or energy right now to do blurbs for albums that I thought were merely pretty good. I'll see what I can muster.

No comments: