Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Obligatory Sneaker Talk

Oh man, these Huarache Bursts are just insanely sleek. I like how the shoe seems to be simply “inspired” by the XI rather than literally concocted from different parts of preexisting sneakers.



I’m still in the midst of cutting back on shoes so I likely won’t buy them (a mere 4 pairs purchased since September), but they’re looking real, real sexy. I’ve been closer to picking up the Purple Foam 1. I refuse to call them the “Eggplants,” because it just sounds dumb and kind of gross. It took me a little while to really warm up to them, but they’re clearly the best colorway of the Foamposite One since the original.



If I can find someplace that has them in stock, I just might end up passing on the Penny III. Last but certainly not least, further detailed shots of the ½ Cent have surfaced, and it looks like there will be a hologram of LP’s face on the bottom of the heel.



The thing about holograms and visible air units is that they tend to get cloudy over time, and I’m fairly certain that this is the first sneaker to feature both so prominently. In effect, they’re shoes that may not look quite so great 10 years from now, but I’m still all about them.



I mean, damn, those things are almost too good to be true.

1 comment:

gandychan said...

I still need to get a pair of flightposites. I think those are supposed to be one of the best performance shoes and they look great. especially the eggplant one.

But I'll have to wait till I save up money. I think I'm gonna have to limit my shoe purchases to 2/year. I just have way too many sneakers around the apartment. Not nearly as many as you or cr8 though.