Saturday, February 16, 2008

NBA Jam

I tend to get excited for the All-Star game in spite of myself, but this year's Slam Dunk Contest is looking like a hot one too.



Jamario Moon can really fly. There's that YouTube video floating around suggesting that Moon can take off from a good foot or so behind the free throw line and dunk...I'm skeptical, but you better believe that I'll be tuning in to find out. I'd actually put money on Rudy Gay taking the whole thing, but I think Dwight Howard could bring the house down if he gets a chance to break out his "kiss the rim" dunk this year. It could be an interesting showdown. When was the last time that the dunk contest actually felt like the highlight of All-Star weekend? It's definitely been a while, probably Vince's year, 2000.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, totally. Dwight can crush it. His YouTube preview video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIz7sYjp1Sc) suggests nothing less. The man's a beast and his dunks are absolute sickness.

C K Okada said...

"A spectacular dunk!"

thaichaiguy said...

Dwight is the new Shaq in size and charisma. With more hops.