Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Not Bad Pretty Good Day

Listening to:
Tsunami Bomb
The Invasion From Within
track: "No Good Very Bad Day"

It's kind of ironic, I only listen to Tsunami Bomb's "No Good Very Bad Day" because it's an upbeat track that puts me in a good mood. I guess that's the point of the song. Work hasn't been bad at all lately, and aside from having to eat leftover turkey twice a day for the past 5 days, I've got considerably few qualms about life at the moment. In reality, I think my good mood has less to do with Tsunami Bomb and more to with my scheduled meeting for tomorrow afternoon getting canceled. Nothing like an unexpected day off to get you and life on good terms huh?

Upcoming movies/Hollywood scuttlebutt:
-Fast and the Furious 4 will feature a returning Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, and Jordana Brewster (!). So who knows, it might actually be a pretty good movie like the original. Not to say that I didn't enjoy the two sequels, because I quite liked Tokyo Drift, and to a much lesser extent, 2 Fast 2 Furious, but you can't deny that they both emphatically fall under that "shut your brain off for 90 minutes & enjoy yourself" category. Not that there's anything wrong with that. One thing for sure, when Vin Diesel is bringing a sense of acting legitimacy to the cast, you're probably not going to get a whole lot of sharp delivery. I'm actually looking forward to this one though.

-A Juggernaut X-Men spin-off is rumored be in the works next, joining the already confirmed Magneto and Wolverine flicks. Given the clusterfuck that X3 turned out to be, solo "origins" type spin-offs might actually be the way to go to give the films a sense of focus. And really, if you're going to lift three actors from any of the X-Men movies to do spin-offs with (Patrick Stewart aside), Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, and Vinnie Jones are definitely the three guys to go with.

-Common has reportedly landed the role of the Green Lantern in the upcoming Justice League movie. Haha. I'm actually not sure what to say about that.

-The live action Dragon Ball Z film is a go. This is notable because 13-year-old fanboys from all over America have been clamoring for this movie to be made for years, and now the rest of the world will have to suffer as a result. I really want to give the idea of a live action DBZ flick a fair shake, but is there any chance that this movie turns out to be anything other than an utter cinematic disaster? I don't actively dislike Dragon Ball, nor do I care about the series enough to be worried about some Hollywood flick sullying the franchise (ha!), but it's clear that the vast majority of animated shows out there don't translate nearly as well to the big-screen as their live action directors would like to believe that they do. Dragon Ball will effectively become the epitome of this rule.

-A live action version of Akira has also been confirmed. What's up with Hollywood deciding to make movies based on successful 80's anime titles all of a sudden? Strange. But along with Robotech, I'm guardedly optimistic about this one. What can I say? I'm a sucker for violent, post-apocalyptic stuff.

-Actress Hayden Panettiere (of Heroes fame) has reportedly gone on record saying that she would, "...love to have an affair with Angelina (Jolie)!" Yeah, well get in line. I'm actually not really sure why Panettiere voicing the opinion of 80% of the world's population qualifies as news.

-Fabio has reportedly called George Clooney "half a man" after the two got into an altercation at a restaurant a few weeks ago. Not that I have anything against Clooney, but this rules, because Fabio is the shit.

No comments: