Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tekken 6 Shaping Up Nicely

October 29th can't come soon enough. I'm a little jealous of everyone stateside since the North American release is a couple of days earlier. Things are looking good:



Honestly, I could do without the adventure mode. The "Tekken Force" mode in Tekken 3 was kind of bizarre and fun for what it was (CHICKEN~), but the beat 'em up minigames in the subsequent installments never really evolved much. Not exactly sure what to think of some of those customization features (Asuka with a bow & arrow? Bryan with a GATLING GUN??) but I like that Namco is really going all out with the extras. I've actually only played Tekken 6 once, in an arcade in Sapporo when some crazy guy in a business suit challenged me and beat me in 5 rounds, but I really liked how similar to Dark Resurrection the game handled. We don't really do Halloween down here, so I'm going to spend the 31st indoors and wear out my thumbs.

1 comment:

thaichaiguy said...

Looks pretty cool! I'm glad they are adding more features this time around.