Thursday, March 3, 2011

Air Zoom Rookie LWP Images Leaked

A picture has recently surfaced online that appears to confirm Nike's second Penny hybrid. While the 1/2 Cent was a fusion of the original Foamposite and the Penny I through IV, the Air Zoom Rookie LWP was supposedly going to be a "rookie" fusion of all the sneakers that Penny wore before he got his first true signature. But judging from the leaked image, it appears that the shoe borrows elements primarily from the Foamposite One and the Air Flight One, as well as a little from the Zoom Flight 96.



Not that I'm complaining, since those are three of my all-time favorite sneakers, but it doesn't seem to really fit the concept of this being a "rookie" hybrid when you take into consideration that Hardaway wore some of those shoes after the 93-94 season was over. But I suppose they had to throw Foamposite on the thing so they could charge $190 for it. I'm digging it as far as the design goes, but I have to admit that I don't really get the color. Waiting to see what they look like in an Orlando colorway.

No comments: