Friday, January 7, 2011

This Game Needs More Zangief

The latest characters to be revealed for MvC3 were Phoenix (of X-Men fame) and Mike Haggar (of Final Fight fame). Really digging the inclusion of Haggar.



Unfortunately, this seems to indicate that Zangief users (such as myself) will have to make do with Haggar instead of the Red Cyclone. Haggar is beyond cool, but how awesome would it have been to be able to team him with Zangief? As the game's release rapidly approaches, rumor is that the remaining characters will be Hsien-Ko, Akuma/Gouki, Sentinel, and Taskmster (!). The roster doesn't come close to the massive MvC2 one, but it's pretty solid overall. There are a lot of notable omissions, but I think that we'll see additional DLC characters once fans start to clamor for them.

1 comment:

cr8 said...

Where does Haggar get that pipe? At least Cody had to pick it up off the ground. Now Haggar just packs a pipe in his pocket? Alliteration aside, that's just crazy.

Looking forward to Phoenix but something tells me she might play close to Storm. I would assume some kind of Telekinetic Storm (a la Electric Storm and/or Hail Storm), not to mention flight, etc.

Damn, and even I don't know Taskmaster. Now that's marvel fan service.

And I'd think it's pretty much a lock to throw Zangief (no pun intended) into a DLC. I ain't gonna lie, I'd like to see some obscure Capcom characters like Phoenix Wright or even some guys from the Breath of Fire series.