Friday, May 28, 2010

Foam Talk

Some interesting messages have popped up on Nike's twitter feed which seem to suggest that the sneaker community should expect a big announcement regarding some form of Foamposite footwear soon:



My initial thought was that they were going to officially announce another re-release of the original Royal Foamposite One, but the post clearly states that this shoe (we'll assume) is "something the world hasn't felt before." A subsequent message would back this up:



I'm intrigued in spite of myself. One possibility would be another original sneaker in the Foamposite line ala the Foamposite Lite, but the "something the world hasn't felt before" bit seems to suggest something a little more groundbreaking. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something wild like trying to fuse Foamposite and Flywire technology, especially given how well both have been received by the basketball community in the past. That would be my guess. Incorporating Foam into the next numbered Jordan sneaker would also certainly stir things up, but I imagine that they'll keep the AJ2011 under wraps for a while longer (and if they're smart, until Dwyane Wade signs somewhere). Other possibilities? Perhaps a hybrid? Imagine a performance sneaker featuring an updated lightweight version of the Foamposite One silhouette, with the Air Max base from the Total Foamposite Max and the zipper/velcro enclosure from the original Flightposite. Somewhat unlikely, but I wouldn't put it past Nike given how crazy they seem to be about hybrids these days. We'll see.

In other Foamposite related news, a few blurry images of the Cranberry 1/2 Cents have surfaced in recent weeks, and they're looking pretty ridiculous. These are seriously going to turn some heads.



Way too much black & red going on in my closet already, but I'll have to put these down as a "maybe" on my to-buy list. Lots of buzz generating for these, so I guess you could say that cranberry is the new eggplant.

1 comment:

cr8 said...

damn, new foam-type shoes and Jordan 2k11... i'm way out of the loop already. i need to get a damn job...