Sunday, February 21, 2010

Still A Sun

Despite weeks of trade speculation, the trade deadline comes and goes with Amare Stoudemire still in Phoenix. STAT had been absolutely beasting amid all the trade rumors, averaging 26 and 11 over a stretch that saw the Suns go 6-2. The Suns now run the risk of letting Amare walk away for nothing should he opt out of his contract this summer, but given his play of late when paired with Robin Lopez in the starting lineup, I can understand why Phoenix would be willing to roll the dice here.



Woke up this morning with nothing to do, so I made myself a proper breakfast and watched the second half of the Knicks/Thunder game. I gotta say, T-Mac in a Knicks jersey is pretty cool. He and Eddie House looked right at home in New York, combining for 50 points in their Garden debut. But how scary is Oklahoma? I'm convinced that Kevin Durant is the best player in the league not named LeBron or Kobe, and Russell Westbrook is like a pit bull out there. Kind of reminds me of a young Baron Davis.

2 comments:

cr8 said...

With the exception of money, I don't even know why the Suns would trade STAT in the first place. As good as Nash is, I really don't think he can just dish it out to anybody. They're a good ass duo.

And damn, you get NBA in Japan? I couldn't even watch that game...

thaichaiguy said...

I actually wanted the Suns to get rid of him. His trade value was probably too low, I'm sure the Suns wanted more than just scrubs in return.

One of my roommates is a huge Suns fan since hes from Arizona.