Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day 09

Listening to:
Do As Infinity
Gates of Heaven

I guess that I was too busy adjusting to life in Japan to miss Thanksgiving when I first arrived here, but I'm really craving a home-cooked Thanksgiving meal this year. I never really thought too much about it, but given that I caved and flew home for Christmas last winter, this year will mark the first time that I'm really spending the holidays away from my friends and family. Not to say that I don't have friends and family down here, but Thanksgiving and Christmas don't quite mean the same thing in Japan, or in the case of Thanksgiving, it really may not mean anything at all. Nevertheless, I've got an abundance of things to be thankful for this year, so cheers to that. In the end, it's about you being fortunate and lucky enough to realize it, not the turkey and stuffing.

...but I'd really kill for some good turkey and stuffing right about now.

No comments: